The ACT Government has appointed a Defence Industry Advocate and Defence Industry Advisory Board to advocate and facilitate collaboration and engagement with Defence.
ACT Defence Industry Advocate
As a demonstration of our commitment to the defence sector, we have appointed former Senator, Kate Lundy, to the role of ACT Defence Industry Advocate. Ms Lundy will play a major role in advocating for Canberra’s defence sector to both the Commonwealth and ACT Governments.
To support Ms Lundy and to give strategic direction to the ACT Government’s commitment to the defence sector, the ACT Government has established an ACT Defence Industry Advisory Board. The Chair of the Board is Air Marshal Geoff Brown AO who brings significant understanding of the defence sector to the role.
ACT Defence Industry Advisory Board
The ACT Defence Industry Advisory Board (ACT DIAB) provides high-level strategic and policy advice to promote the growth of the ACT’s defence and related industries in accordance with the ACT Government’s economic development strategy. The ACT DIAB supports efforts to build on the ACT’s competitive strengths and to identify new opportunities to maximise economic development and business outcomes across the ACT’s priority defence domains including defence services, cyber security, and space and spatial technologies.
The Board is made up of leading defence and industry experts, chaired by former Chief of Airforce, Air Marshal Geoff Brown AO.
- Air Marshal (Ret’d) Geoff Brown AO
- Air Vice Marshal (Ret’d) Mark Skidmore AM
- Brigadier (Ret’d) Alison Creagh CSC
- Mr Anthony Henshaw, Chair of the Canberra Cyber Network
- Mr Adam Smith, Chair of the Canberra Space-Spatial Sector Development Committee
- Mr Robert Forbes, Chair of Australian Industry Defence Network (ACT)
- Mr Glenn Keys, Chair of Canberra Business Chamber’s Defence Taskforce
- Ms Kate Lundy, ACT Defence Industry Advocate.