How to apply
Applications open 10am on Monday 1 April 2019 and must be lodged no later than 11.59pm on Sunday 28 April 2019.
Don’t leave it to the last minute! If you experience technical issues, your application might not reach us in time. No extensions will be given.
To complete your application:
- Check that you are eligible to apply.
- Identify which application program you want to apply for. If you identify as a person with a disability or an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Person, we encourage you to apply through our dedicated inclusion applications.
- Identify which graduate stream you are interested in. You can apply for two streams if you have double qualifications.
- Read the selection criteria question and prepare your response (500 word limit).
- Prepare a certified copy of your academic transcript.
- Prepare a current CV including two references.
- If applicable, prepare evidence of your permanent residency status.
- Complete the relevant online application form on our graduate program page. You can only submit one application.
Ensure you have the above information ready before starting your application as you cannot save part way through the application process.
You will receive an automatic email notification once we receive your application. If it doesn’t come through, check your spam folder first before contacting us to check we received your application.
|1 April||Applications open at 10am.|
|28 April 2019||Applications close at 11.59pm.|
|May 2019||Applications checked for eligibility.|
|May/June 2019||Applicants shortlisted.|
|July 2019||Shortlisted applicants contacted and invited to assessment centre. |
Non shortlisted/ineligible candidates advised by email.
|Late August 2019||Assessment centres in Canberra (attendance is required or your application will no longer be considered).|
|September 2019||Successful applicants decided.|
|September/October 2019||Offers to successful graduates.|
|3 February 2020||Graduates start working in the ACTPS.|