Frequently Asked Questions

Have my benefits changed? What if I already receive benefits from Comcare?

There has been no change to the types of services, benefits and support available to ACTPS employees. Under a self-insurance licence, all ACTPS employees will continue to be covered by the Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act.

Who is responsible for managing my claim?

The ACT Government is responsible for meeting all the regulatory and licence requirements as a self-insured licence holder.

The government has entered into an agreement with Employers Mutual Limited (EML) which will provide claims administration services. EML manages the workers’ compensation cases that were previously managed by Comcare and all new claims.

The Injury Management Team within the ACT Government will continue to provide rehabilitation case management and return to work support.

What if I used to have a claim with Comcare?

All Comcare claims have transitioned to EML. The Injury Management team and Case Manager have worked together to ensure this is a smooth transition to you.

If you have any concerns or think you have a claim that hasn’t transitioned, email

How am I going to be reimbursed by EML?

If you haven’t already, you will need to provide an electronic funds transfer form to EML. Email to request the form.

I am a health care provider (pharmacist, doctor, physiotherapist etc) who currently invoice Comcare directly, how do I make sure invoices are paid by EML?

Send all future invoices for ACT Government claims to or by post to EML:

EML – ACT Government Claims
GPO Box 805
Canberra ACT 2601

To ensure timeliness of payment, please make sure your EFT details are included on the invoice.