Road closures around Flemington Road for light rail works
Works to install underground services as part of the Transport Canberra light rail project will result in nightly road closures around Flemington Road, Mitchell from this Monday 30 January 2017 to Friday 17 February 2017.
These works will include water main installation and other civil works and will require temporary road closures and changed traffic arrangements to be put in place.
Location of works
The following road closures will be in place:
- Flemington Road in both directions from the intersection of Sandford Street and Morisset Road to the Federal Highway
- Randwick Road in both directions from approximately 140 metres west of Flemington Road to Flemington Road
- Flemington Road service road between number 149 and 181 Flemington Road
- Lysaght Street eastbound from Darling Street to Flemington Road
- There will be no right turn into Lysaght Street from Flemington Road southbound
Timing of works
These works will occur nightly from:
- 8 pm to 6 am Monday 30 January to Thursday 2February
- 8 pm to 6 am Sunday 5 February to Thursday 9 February
- 8 pm to 6 am Sunday 12 February to Thursday 16 February
Effects on traffic
- Signed detours will be in place, but motorists are advised to seek an alternate route to avoid the area during this period of night works.
- Motorists are advised to use the Barton Highway, Gungahlin Drive and Horse Park Drive as alternative routes.
Effects on bus services
- Bus stops 4752 and 4750, Flemington Road outside of EPIC will be closed during this time with diversions in place for bus routes 200, 56, 58, 950, 956 and 958.
- The EPIC Park and Ride entry and exit onto Flemington Road will be unavailable after 8 pm on these nights. Access to EPIC during this time is via the back gate off Old Wells Station Road.
- Further information including a diversion map is available at transport.act.gov.au
Barriers and signs will be erected on site. For up-to-date information on road closures please call Access Canberra on 13 22 81 or visit www.tccs.act.gov.au
- Statement ends -
Section: ACT Transport Canberra and City Services Directorate | Media Releases