Road resealing works will occur tomorrow on a section of the two northbound lanes at the Cotter Road overpass in Weston Creek to help protect and extend the life of the Tuggeranong Parkway. The road will remain open during these works, however short delays are expected for motorists during road resealing operations.
A small section of road on the Hindmarsh Drive off ramp (southbound) at Lyons will also be resealed. This small section of road will be closed during resealing operations with detours in place.
Location of road resealing works
- A 700 metre section of the two northbound lanes of the Tuggeranong Parkway at the Cotter Road overpass, Weston Creek.
- The small section of road at the Tuggeranong Parkway to the Hindmarsh Drive off ramp (southbound), Lyons.
Effects on traffic
- Motorists will experience short delays while the resealing works are being undertaken.
- Traffic controllers will be on site to guide motorists through the area.
- A reduced speed limit of 80 km/h will be in place at the area on the Tuggeranong Parkway after the works have been completed.
- Motorists are advised to take an alternate route to avoid delays or to allow additional travelling time.
Timing of disruptions
- The disruption to the northbound lanes of the Tuggeranong Parkway will commence from 8 am until 5 pm tomorrow, Saturday 3 February 2018.
- Works at the Tuggeranong Parkway to the Hindmarsh Drive off ramp (southbound) will commence from 8 am till 3 pm. Detours will be in place.
Traffic controllers as well as warning signs will be erected to alert people to the road resealing operations.
For up-to-date information on road closures call Access Canberra on 13 22 81 or visit www.tccs.act.gov.au
- Statement ends -
Section: ACT Transport Canberra and City Services Directorate | Media Releases