Asphalting works will be undertaken from Tuesday 16 July to Friday 19 July 2019 on the intersection of College Street and Benjamin Way to improve road safety. The works will require temporary road closures.
Timing and location of closures
- Works will take place over four days, from Tuesday 16 July to Friday 19 July 2019, between 9.30 am and 4 pm daily.
- During the works College Street will be closed in both directions to all traffic at the intersection with Benjamin Way.
- There will be access for local traffic only at the intersections of College Street with Lathlain Street and Chandler Street.
- Northbound and southbound traffic will be allowed to proceed along Benjamin Way.
Effects on traffic
- Delays are expected.
- Reduced speed limits will be in place around the closure during the works.
- Motorists are advised to seek an alternate route where possible.
- Detours will be in place.
Signage will be in place to alert people to the road works.
For up-to-date information on road closures visit www.tccs.act.gov.au.
- Statement ends -
Section: ACT Transport Canberra and City Services Directorate | Media Releases