Road users are advised there will be a closure of Athllon Drive and Parramatta Street in Phillip from Friday 19 July 2019 for the relocation of water and wastewater infrastructure associated with the upgrade of the Woden Bus Depot.
Location and timing of works
Utility relocation works will take place in four stages throughout July and August, with the first stage commencing from Friday 19 July 2019.
The following closures will be in place from 9 pm Friday 19 July till 4 am Monday 22 July 2019 (weather permitting):
- Athllon Drive in both directions between Hindmarsh Drive and Melrose Drive
- Parramatta Street in both directions between Bellona Court (east) and Athllon Drive.
The following changed traffic arrangements will be in place:
- no access to Athllon Drive from Hindmarsh Drive, Callam Street or Parramatta Street
- no left hand turn from Melrose Drive onto Athllon Drive
- no left hand turn from Bellona Court (east) onto Parramatta Street.
Motorists will be detoured via Melrose Drive, Eggleston Crescent, Yamba Drive and Mawson Drive. Detours will also be in place for pedestrians and cyclists, please follow signage.
Bus diversions will be in place. For more information visit www.transport.act.gov.au.
Following this work, the below closures will commence in stages:
- stage two: Parramatta Street between Athllon Drive and Bellona Court (east)
- stage three: Parramatta Street between Bellona Court (east) and Salamander Street
- stage four: intersection of Townshend Street and Parramatta Street.
Roadside signage will be in place prior to each stage to alert road users to the upcoming closures.
Effects on traffic
- Delays are expected.
- Barriers as well as warning and diversion signs will be erected to alert road users to the temporary road closures.
- Drivers are asked to be mindful of the changed traffic arrangements and adhere to any work zone speed limits.
For more information visit www.tccs.act.gov.au.
- Statement ends -
Section: ACT Transport Canberra and City Services Directorate | Media Releases