The ACT Government is advising walkers, motorists and other road users of a number of road closures in Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve and Namadgi National Park to allow for the current prescribed burns in the area to be conducted safely.
The following roads are closed:
- Boboyan Road is closed from where the road turns to dirt. Residents who use this road are advised to seek an alternate route
- Orroral Road from the Namadgi National Park boundary, including access to Orroral Campground, Orroral Tracking Station and associated walking trails
- Apollo Road from the Namadgi National Park boundary, including Honeysuckle Campground, Booroomba Rocks and Orroral Ridge Road
- Mount Franklin Road from Piccadilly Circus
The following trails are closed:
- walking trails in the Gibraltar area including Gibraltar loop walking trail at Tidbinbilla
- Australian Alps walking trail between Bushfolds Flat and Cotter Hut Road
- Bicentennial national trail (Naas Valley fire trail) between Mount Clear Campground and Caloola Farm
- Brandy Flat walking trail, both north and south
- Gudgenby Creek fire trail
- Bendora Arboretum walking trail.
These closures will stay in place for the duration of these prescribed burns.
For more information on the current prescribed burns in the ACT visit www.tams.act.gov.au
Keep up to date on fire activity by visiting www.esa.act.gov.au, check ESA Twitter and Facebook accounts and monitor local media outlets.
- Statement ends -
Section: ACT Territory and Municipal Services Directorate | Media Releases
0428 970 699