Canberra’s top athletes, teams and special contributors to community sport were recognised tonight for their outstanding achievements at the 2019 CBR Sport Awards at the National Arboretum Canberra.
These awards are a way to celebrate those who inspire the next generation and the people in the Canberra community that help shape the sporting culture.
The impressive group of finalists this year demonstrates the strength of the sporting sector—congratulations to all the finalists for their achievements and contributions.
Congratulations to the following winners who have shown excellence through their sporting achievements and supporting the community:
- Athlete of the Year - Women’s Sport - Kelsey-Lee Barber (Athletics)
- Athlete of the Year - Men’s Sport - Nathan Lyon (Cricket)
- Athlete of the Year - Para Sport - Kathryn Ross (Rowing)
- Konica Minolta Team of the Year - UC Capitals (Basketball)
- WIN News Outstanding Service to Sport - Joint winners - Peter Boden (Athletics), Brian Golledge (Soccer) and Marie Hart (Indoor Cricket)
- University of Canberra Rising Star - Joint winners - Kye A’Hern (Downhill Mountain Bike) and Karly Roestbakken (Soccer)
- Hall of Fame - Associate Member - Ken Willis OAM (Tennis)
- Hall of Fame - Full Member - Alan Tongue (Rugby League) and Jeff Goolagong (Softball)
- Ministers Award - Inclusion - Royal Life Saving ACT for Swim My Way
- Ministers Award - Innovation - Triathlon ACT for the Young Women Leadership Program
- Ministers Award - Event Excellence - Dragon Boat ACT for the 2019 Australian Dragon Boat Championships
- Canberra Milk People’s Sporting Champion - Lauren Boden (Athletics)
- Statement ends -
Section: Yvette Berry, MLA | Media Releases
(02) 6207 1653
0435 960 505