Notification date: 07 December 2018
Notifying body: Planning and Land Authority
Legislation: Planning and Development Act 2007
The planning and land authority gives notice that a draft plan variation No 362 - Amendments to the West Belconnen Concept Plan for Ginninderry Stage 2 Development (DV362) to vary the Territory Plan has been prepared in accordance with part 5.3 of the Planning and Development Act 2007 (the Act).
The draft variation proposes to amend the West Belconnen Concept Plan for Ginninderry Stage 2 Development by making the provision of gas utility services to blocks in Stage 2 of Ginninderry Estate, West Belconnen, an optional rather than a mandatory requirement.
The Authority invites written comments about DV362 from the public by 8 February 2019.
DV362 is available until 8 February 2019 for comments, at:
- Online http://www.planning.act.gov.au/tools_resources/legislation_plans_registers/plans/territory_plan/draft_variations_to_the_territory_plan and
- In person Access Canberra, Environment, Planning and Sustainable Development Directorate (EPSDD) Shopfront, Ground Floor South, Dame Pattie Menzies House, 16 Challis Street, Dickson, Monday to Friday (except public holidays) between 8:30am and 4:30pm.
Written comments should include reference to the draft variation, your name and contact details, and be addressed to the Territory Plan Section.
Comments can be:
- emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- mailed to Territory Plan Section, EPSDD, GPO Box 158, Canberra, ACT 2601
- delivered to Access Canberra, EPSDD Shopfront, Ground Floor South, Dame Pattie Menzies House, 16 Challis Street, Dickson.
What happens with your comments?
Comments will be made publicly available, for a period of at least 15 working days starting 10 working days after the closing date, at EPSDD’s Shopfront in Dickson and will be published on EPSDD’s website.
Can you request your comments not to be made public?
Yes, under section 411 of the Act part of the comments can be excluded and made unavailable to the public upon request. You will need to put your request in writing, clearly identifying what you are seeking to exclude and how the request satisfies the exclusion criteria. Please note that name and contact details and other personal information will not be made public unless requested.
Are the changes to the Territory Plan effective immediately?
Section 65 of the Act applies to DV362 and therefore it has interim effect. The proposed Territory plan provisions will apply immediately while the draft variation remains in draft form.