ACTION’s Saturday services to Multicultural Festival


Released 01/01/2018

Enjoy the food and entertainment at the 2015 National Multicultural Festival this weekend and take advantage of free travel on Saturday from a number of Park & Ride locations around the ACT, Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, Shane Rattenbury, said today.

 “In celebration of what is one of Canberra’s biggest culturally diverse events, ACTION will provide free travel from the Mitchell, Kippax, Jamison, Kambah, Weston, Calwell and Mawson Park & Ride facilities on Saturday – the busiest day of the Festival with hundreds of stalls open for the food and dance spectacular,”

Mr Rattenbury said.

 “A direct service will run approximately every 30 minutes from the Park & Ride at Mitchell (Flemington Road opposite EPIC) to the City, and an express service with limited stops will run approximately every hour commencing at the Park & Ride facilities at Kippax Centre (Hardwick Crescent), Kambah Village (Marconi Street) and Calwell Shops (Johnson Drive) to the City. These services will also stop at the following locations:

 • Kippax Centre – also stopping at Jamison (outside Canberra High School)

• Kambah Village – also stopping at Cooleman Court, North Weston Park & Ride and Commonwealth Avenue

• Calwell Shops – also stopping at Chisholm, Mawson Park & Ride and Commonwealth Avenue.

 “To further support the event and encourage passengers to travel using public transport, ACTION will also be providing a special Multicultural Festival Nightrider service on the Saturday night for $5 per person.

 “The ten Nightrider services, each with a choice of two departure times, will take passengers home to suburbs in north and south Belconnen, north and south Gungahlin, the inner north, inner south, Weston Creek, Erindale, Theodore and Lanyon. A timetable of the Nightrider services is available on ACTION’s website at www.action.act.gov.au

 “This is the first time ACTION’s Nightrider service has been provided for the National Multicultural Festival and I am pleased festival goers will have this safe, reliable and low cost option to get home late at night.

 “ACTION is the best option to move people in and around the City and Canberrans got on board last year with thousands taking advantage of the services to travel to and from the event to enjoy the festivities.

 “I encourage people to take ACTION again this year and avoid the parking hassles often associated with large events,” Mr Rattenbury concluded.

 For more information go to www.action.act.gov.au. There will be several road and car park closures for the event. Visit www.tams.act.gov.au for more information on these closures.

Statement ends

 

- Statement ends -

Shane Rattenbury, MLA | Media Releases


«ACT Government Media Releases | «Minister Media Releases