The ACT Government wishes to advise that due to a total fire ban that has been declared for tomorrow, 21 November, the following nature reserves and roads will be closed:
- Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve (the Visitor Centre will remain open)
- Selected roads within Namadgi National Park including Corin Road, Old Mill Road, Warks Road and the Mount Franklin Road at Piccadilly Circus (the Namadgi Visitor Centre will remain open)
- Googong Foreshores
- Kowen Forest
- Lower Molonglo River Corridor
- Molonglo Gorge Nature Reserve
- Mulligans Flat Sanctuary including Goorooyarroo Nature Reserve
- Centenary Trail between Goorooyarroo Nature Reserve and Hall
The Boboyan Road and Brindabella Road remain open to through traffic.
Swimming areas at the Cotter and along the Murrumbidgee River such as Kambah Pool, Pine Island, Point Hut and Uriarra Crossing will also remain open.
In an effort to accommodate recreational users, the Canberra Nature Park (other than Mulligans Flat and Goorooyarroo Nature Reserves) and all pine forest areas (other than Kowen Forest) will remain open to the public during the early morning hours, however users are advised that they should leave these areas no later than 10.00am.
Electric barbeques provided at the Cotter, Casuarina Sands, Pine Island and in Canberra’s urban parks will be available, however all gas barbeques will be turned off.
For up-to-date total fire ban declarations and more information about how they affect you, visit the ACT Emergency Services Agency website www.esa.act.gov.au, follow @ACT_ESA on Twitter or like ACT Emergency Services Agency on Facebook.
- Statement ends -
Section: ACT Environment, Planning and Sustainable Development Directorate | Media Releases
(02) 6207 1587
0422 660 867