2019 ACTPS Graduate program
Applications for the ACT Public Service graduate program will open on the 3 April 2018 and close 2 May 2018.
Thank you for visiting the ACTPS Graduate Program website. For further information/opportunities in regards to working for the ACT public service visit jobs.act.gov.au.
The ACT Public Service Graduate Program
Applications for the 2019 ACT Public Service Graduate Program will open on 3rd April 2018.
The ACT Public Service (ACTPS) Graduate Program is a whole of government full-time program that runs for ten months. We offer our graduates the opportunity to be part of a unique jurisdiction employing approximately 20,000 staff that combines state and municipal roles into one level of government. As a result the ACTPS delivers services across public policy and administration, education, health, infrastructure, parks and community services, to name a few. This unique environment means we can offer you a diverse range of career opportunities and on many occasions the chance to see the direct impact of the work you do in the community you live.
What do we offer our graduates?
Our Program provides you with hands on experience and offers you the opportunity to utilise your existing skills and build new capabilities in a supportive environment. Our Program equips you with the knowledge you require to be a high quality employee within the ACTPS. As a graduate in the ACTPS you will:
- participate in three diverse workplace rotations across the Service, allowing you to establish networks and enhance your knowledge of the ACTPS;
- complete a comprehensive learning and development program;
- be exposed to work that challenges you and provides you with opportunities to use and develop your skills;
- receive a competitive remuneration package with salary advancement upon successful completion of the Program;
- have access to flexible working arrangements that support a healthy work life balance;
- participate in specialised training and development opportunities within each of your rotations; and
- be part of a culturally diverse and inclusive workplace.
What is the ACTPS looking for in its graduates?
The ACTPS is looking for motivated, enthusiastic and innovative graduates with strong written, analytical and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment. Our graduates will display a commitment to their own professional development, be positive and adaptable in the face of change, and will share the ACTPS’ Values.
What is the best stream for you?
We are looking for graduates to fill vacancies across a range of streams including:
4. Public Administration and Policy
Note: Due to the technical nature of this stream and the location of ICT rotations, graduates in this stream will usually only rotate within ICT-specific work areas.
6. Health Professionals
Note: Due to the technical nature of this stream, graduates will usually only rotate within the Community Services Directorate, being placed in a case management role upon successful completion of the Graduate Program
What are the eligibility requirements?
To be eligible for the ACTPS Graduate Program, prior to starting you must:
- be an Australian citizen, hold Australian permanent residency status or be a New Zealand citizen who resides in Australia and who holds a Special Category temporary residence visa (SCV); and
- have completed as a minimum a three year bachelor degree with at least a credit average from an Australian University within the past three years, between 1/1/2016 and 31/12/2018, or an equivalent degree as recognised by the National Office of Overseas Skills Recognition (NOOSR). Note: If your bachelor degree was completed more than three years ago but you have recently completed a postgraduate qualification in a field relevant to the stream you are applying for, you may still apply and your application will be considered on merit.
The ACTPS is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace. As part of this commitment we strongly encourage people from an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background, or People with Disability, to apply. Some of the positions within the 2019 Graduate Program are designated to be filled with people from an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background and/or People with Disability.
As well as celebrating and supporting diversity in the ACTPS, there are a range of support mechanisms in place to support our employees including Support Networks, individual Inclusion support, staff awareness training, coaching and mentoring and individual career development training. For more information, please contact us at: email@example.com.