Road users and pedestrians are advised that closures will be in place at the intersection of Brisbane Avenue and National Circuit on the remaining weekends in March as work to improve the road’s condition between National Circuit and Wentworth Avenue continues.
Location and timing of works
Work will take place at the intersection of Brisbane Avenue and National Circuit between the hours of 7 am Saturday and 10 pm Sunday on the remaining weekends in March. These works have been scheduled across the weekend to reduce impact to motorists.
Access will be restricted to the intersection as follows:
- Brisbane Avenue (centre median) at the intersection with National Circuit will be closed. Road users will not be able to make left or right hand turns from Brisbane Avenue onto National Circuit (in both directions)
- National Circuit will be closed in both directions between Brisbane Avenue and Blackall Street
- National Circuit will be closed in both directions between Brisbane Avenue and Darling Street
- Brisbane Avenue signalised pedestrian crossings at the National Circuit intersection will be turned off.
These changed traffic arrangements will be in place from 7 am Saturday to 10 pm Sunday on the following weekends:
- Saturday 16 and Sunday 17 March 2019
- Saturday 23 and Sunday 24 March 2019
- Saturday 30 and Sunday 31 March 2019
Road users will be able to travel eastbound and westbound on Brisbane Avenue through the intersection.
Effects on traffic
- Delays are expected.
- Detours will be in place via Macquarie Street.
- Barriers as well as warning and diversion signs will be erected to alert people to the temporary road closures.
- Drivers are asked to be mindful of the changed traffic arrangements and adhere to the work zone speed limit of 40 km/h.
Effects on public transport
Bus diversions will be in place. For more information visit www.transport.act.gov.au.
For more information on this project and other projects in the area, visit www.tccs.act.gov.au or contact Access Canberra on 13 22 81.
- Statement ends -
Section: ACT Transport Canberra and City Services Directorate | Media Releases