Performance and Accountability
As part of its ongoing commitment to sustaining and strengthening performance and accountability across its operation, the ACT Government invested in the Accountability in Government initiative. includes:
- a review of the ACT Government Performance and Accountability Framework;
- developing and implementing the ACT Government Strategic Service Planning Framework and supporting Directorate Guidelines;
- developing and implementing ACT Government Evaluation Policy and Guidelines;
- developing an ACT Government Organisational Performance Measurement and Reporting Guide; and
Background on this initiative can be found in the Allen Consulting Group Report, Performance and Accountability in the ACT: Towards a new framework.
The Framework aims to improve performance and strengthen accountability. It outlines specific actions and strategies to:
- improve community outcomes;
- enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of government operations; and
- guide continous improvement.