Road users are advised that there will be lane closures on sections of Wentworth Avenue over the coming weeks to provide a safer, smoother road surface.
Location and timing of works
Works will start tomorrow, Wednesday 13 March 2019. Work will include removal/repair of existing road pavement, repairs to kerbing and stormwater drains, placement of new road pavement including a wearing course and line marking.
To reduce construction time, work will be carried out in multiple sections simultaneously. The planned work areas are:
- Wentworth Avenue between Canberra Avenue roundabout and Burke Crescent
- informal car park between Gosse Street and Eastlake Parade
- Wentworth Avenue at the intersection with Eastlake Parade
- Wentworth Avenue from approximately 50 metres north of Eastlake Parade to approximately 50 metres south of Gosse Street.
Lane closures will be in place in off-peak hours. These works will also require nightworks. Nightwork hours are from 6 pm to 6 am. Detours will be in place during the works.
Effects on traffic
- Delays are expected.
- Barriers as well as warning and diversion signs will be erected to alert people to the temporary lane closures.
- Drivers are asked to be mindful of the changed traffic arrangements and adhere to the work zone speed limits.
Wentworth Avenue is one of Canberra’s oldest roads and is an access road used by approximately 10,000 vehicles each day. This work is being carried out to make the road safer, smoother and more convenient for vehicles, cyclists and other road users.
For more information on these works visit www.tccs.act.gov.au or contact Access Canberra on 13 22 81.
- Statement ends -
Section: ACT Transport Canberra and City Services Directorate | Media Releases