Scheduled resurfacing works will be conducted on Parkes Way westbound from the Clunies Ross Street and Lady Denman Drive off ramp to the Glenloch Interchange for one day, Saturday 2 February 2019, to maintain the road surface and keep our road network safe.
The westbound lanes along this section of Parkes Way will be subject to closures during the works, which are planned to take place between 5 am and 5 pm.
Timing and location of closures
* Weather permitting, these works will be conducted in two stages on Saturday 2 February 2019.
* Between 5 am and 1 pm the works will require all westbound lanes of Parkes Way from the Clunies Ross Street and Lady Denman Drive off ramp to the Glenloch Interchange to be closed.
* Between 1 pm and 5 pm at least one lane on this section of road will be open to all traffic at all times.
* In the event of adverse weather works will be rescheduled, most likely to Saturday, 16 February 2019.
Effects on traffic
* The westbound lanes of this section of Parkes Way will be subject to closures during these works.
* Detours will be in place along Clunies Ross Street for westbound and northbound traffic and along Lady Denman Drive for southbound traffic.
* Delays are expected.
* Reduced speed limits will be in place during the works.
* Motorists are advised to seek an alternate route where possible.
Signage will be in place to alert people to the road works and detours in place.
For up-to-date information on road closures visit www.tccs.act.gov.au or call Access Canberra on 13 22 81.
- Statement ends -
Section: ACT Transport Canberra and City Services Directorate | Media Releases