Road resurfacing works on a section of Woodcock Drive in Gordon will take place on Wednesday 13 and Thursday 14 March 2019. These works will require a series of road closures on Woodcock Drive to be conducted in two stages.
Timing and location of works
* Weather permitting, these works will be conducted between 9.30 am and 4 pm on Wednesday 13 March and Thursday 14 March 2019.
* In the first stage of works Woodcock Drive will be closed in both directions from Tharwa Drive to Knoke Avenue.
* During the second stage of works Woodcock Drive will be closed in both directions from Knoke Avenue to Jim Pike Avenue.
Effects on traffic
* To access Lewis Luxton Avenue a detour will be in place via Preddey Way.
* Access to Gaylard Place, including Hansel Place and Larkin Close, will be maintained for local traffic under traffic control.
* Delays are expected.
* Motorists are advised to seek an alternate route where possible.
Signage will be in place to alert people to the road works and detours in place.
For up-to-date information on road closures visit www.tccs.act.gov.au or call Access Canberra on 13 22 81.
- Statement ends -
Section: ACT Transport Canberra and City Services Directorate | Media Releases