The Office for Disability will be hosting the Having a Home forum this Friday, from 9am to 7pm at 2 Bowes Street Phillip, to start a conversation about housing options for people with disability in the ACT.
We all know there are many pieces in the puzzle of having a home. People with disability must consider a wide range issues when piecing this puzzle together; accessibility, connection to community, supports, affordability, living independently, sharing a home, availability of places that could be called home.
The Having a Home forum will bring people together to share information and start building the networks we will need to make these solutions happen.
Presenters at the forum include:
- The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA)
- Dan McLennan, CEO, Summer Housing (Melbourne)
- Tony Rutherford, Senior Partner, Moores (Sydney)
- James Hooper (Lighthouse Infrastructure, Melbourne), Kirk Robinson and Scott Ellis (BFIN investment bank, Sydney)
- Court Walters, Specialist Housing Support Coordinator, Araluen (Melbourne)
- Owen Jourdain, Managing Director, Illowra Projects (Victoria)
- Sally Richards, Benambra Intentional Community (ACT)
To RSVP for this event, go to https://havingahome.eventbrite.com.au/
- Statement ends -
Section: Rachel Stephen-Smith, MLA | Media Releases